Saturday, May 5, 2012

San Diego, California

The Greyhound to San Diego was the dodgiest Greyhound trip so far with two people getting kicked off the bus in Phoenix for yelling racist comments at other people on the bus and other interesting characters around. I got to San Diego late on Saturday night and there were so many security guards at the station...I am not sure if that made me feel safer or not!

I stayed with Hannah in San Diego who I met while she was on exchange in Sydney. She lives in an awesome location right on Mission Beach. It was Cinco de Mayo so we were going to head out but by the time we got back to Hannah's it wasn't worth it. On Sunday we did an audio tour of the USS Midway, the aircraft carrier ship, and saw the famous Save the Kiss statue. We then had a nice lunch overlooking the harbour before Hannah had to go to work. When Hannah got home from work we headed out to a bar near her house. We met an English guy, Justin, at the bar who was staying in a hostel close to Hannah’s house and who was heading to Los Angeles the same day as me and staying in the same hostel! Such a crazy coincidence but I was always taught to never get in a car with a stranger so we invited him to hang out with us on Monday before my trip to LA on Tuesday haha.

On Monday we headed to Torrey Pines with Justin and one of Hannah’s friends from work. We did a nice hike to the beach and had lunch down there. It started off overcast in the morning but when we got to the beach it cleared up and was beautiful and sunny. We then headed to La Jolla to see the sea lions who always hang out there on the beach. When we got back to Hannah’s we went for a quick swim and then headed out to Old Town for dinner. Old Town is a really nice area of shops, bars and restaurants and we went to a Mexican restaurant and had dinner and mango margaritas...yum!!

Hannah had class on Tuesday so I just hung out at her house and packed my bag before Justin picked me up to head to LA. Justin had rented a Mustang convertible and the weather was amazing so it was a really nice drive!

 Hannah and I at the USS Midway

 Save the Kiss statue

 Hannah and I hiking at Torrey Pines

 Sea lion at La Jolla

 Justin, Hannah, Elliott and I at La Jolla

Out the front of Hannah's house

Cruising to LA

No comments:

Post a Comment