Friday, April 27, 2012

Boulder, Colorado

On Friday I made my way from Denver to Boulder. I checked into the hostel and then wandered down to Pearl St which is a really nice street of shops, restaurants and bars. I really wanted to go hiking so I got in contact with a friend of a friend, Ron, and organised to go hiking on Saturday. Ron and some of his friends took me hiking up the first and second Flatirons which are rock formations on Green Mountain. It was a really nice hike and the views were amazing. The weather was also beautiful with clear blue skies but not too hot! We climbed up some rocks to get a good view and as I was trying to get down I managed to slide down on my bum leaving my leg a bit battered and bruised but nothing serious!

Ron's friends then invited me to a party at their house on Saturday night. Their house has an awesome set up for a party and they had a band playing downstairs. A couple of us then ended up at the bars on Pearl St because one of Ron's friends turned 21 at midnight. Was an awesome night!

On Sunday I ended up lazing around for most of the day but then in the afternoon I went for a walk along Boulder Creek path which follows Boulder Creek to the foot of the mountains. I then found the Red Rocks Trail which climbed up the hill to some big red rocks and had an awesome view from the top. 

Boulder is so beautiful! Anyone who is in to rock climbing, hiking or basically anything outdoorsy would love it and I definitely recommend it. It can get really hot in summer and snows in winter so I timed it really well with the weather for hiking.

I had an interesting experience with the hostel because there was a lady in my room who slept under a tarp and aluminium foil because she said she was sensitive to EMF's and electricity. This meant that every time she moved it was really noisy. You definitely meet some interesting people in your travels!!

From here I am heading back to Denver to get a bus to Tucson, Arizona - unfortunately another long bus trip :( My bus is not until 8:30pm but I just found out that Amberly, a girl I met in Arizona, is living in Denver so I am going to catch up with her during the day before heading off. I am excited to go back to Tucson and catch-up with some old friends :)

 The Flatirons

 Near the top

Result of my slide down the rocks

 Out on Pearl St

 Boulder Creek

View from the top of the Red Rocks Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment