Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wilmington, North Carolina

I also wanted to go to South Carolina but I found a cheap flight from Wilmington to Miami so I decided to do that instead. A flight sounded much better than sitting on a Greyhound for 24 hours! The Greyhound trip from Asheville to Wilmington was 10 hours and a guy my age came and sat next to me and couldn’t understand why I was travelling around America by myself and told me I should be travelling with my boyfriend. He then went on to tell me he was going to come to Australia and take me on a date and if it went well he would move to Australia for me. I also found out that he had a 3 year old daughter and the mum was about to go to jail. He was a lovely guy but I am not quite ready to take on that baggage so mum you don't have to worry haha! It was a very interesting bus trip and I guess it made it go a bit quicker.

There are no hostels in Wilmington so I booked a cheap motel for 2 nights. At first I was really excited to have a double bed and a room and bathroom to myself but it was too quiet! Luckily Kim, a friend of a friend, was in Wilmington that weekend so I went to meet her and her friends out at the bars at Wrightsville Beach. This is where all the college kids go out and was a really fun night. The next day was Easter Sunday and a couple of people I met out invited me over for dinner because they were cooking turkey. It was nice to spend Easter with people and not be sitting in the motel by myself.

Wilmington is where One Tree Hill was filmed and apparently Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols live down at Wrightsville beach as well.

 Jason and I and the deadly fishbowl

 Kim and I

Wrightsville Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment