Friday, April 13, 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana

From Miami I flew to New Orleans where I stayed with a friend of a friend. The night I arrived we went to a college bar for happy hour and got three drinks for the price of one, so that's three drinks for $3! Have to love American drink prices. The French Quarter Festival was on that weekend so the next day we went into the city and listened to some live music with her roommate (Maddy) and some friends. That night I went out with Maddy to Bourbon St which is crazy and there are people everywhere! Greg, one of the Australian guys I met in Miami, was also in New Orleans so he met us out and then the next day we wandered around Magazine St and tried Gumbo and Muffaletta which are some of New Orleans specialties (see picture). The next day Chrissy, the Australian girl I met in Miami, also arrived in New Orleans. We headed down to Magazine St with a couple of people from Chrissy's hostel and ate at an awesome Caribbean restaurant and wandered around the shops until it started pouring with rain. We went back to pre drink at the hostel and then went out to Frenchmen St where there is live music every night at all the bars. Heard lots of awesome music including jazz, blues and reggae. Other very New Orleansy food I tried was Pho Boys...so good (see picture). New Orleans is a very cool place and I definitely recommend it to anyone who is into live music, especially jazz and blues. 


 French Quarter Fest

 The craziness of Bourbon St

Gumbo and Muffaletta

 Awesome Caribbean food

 Chrissy and I pre drinking in style

Roast beef Pho Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment