Thursday, April 5, 2012

Asheville, North Carolina

Up until now I had been pretty organised but at this point I knew I wanted to go to North Carolina but I wasn't sure where. There are very limited hostels in America and with North Carolina not being one of the biggest tourist attractions it came down to where I could find a hostel. I found a couple of hostels in Asheville and I heard it was a pretty place so I took a 13 hour Greyhound from DC to Asheville. Asheville is a very pretty small town and is very quirky and hippy. Every Friday night there is a drum circle in town and a whole lot of people stand around watching and dancing. I felt like I needed to buy a tie die shirt or get dreadlocks to fit in. The hostel was really cool but unfortunately it wasn’t very social so I didn’t end up doing a whole lot but it was nice to have a few days to relax a bit and book some more of my trip. 

 The lounge at the hostel

Drum circle

No comments:

Post a Comment