Thursday, April 19, 2012

Austin, Texas

From Houston I took the Greyhound to Austin which was a nice short 3 hour trip. I met Andy at the hostel in Portland and he lives in student apartments in Austin so I crashed on his couch for 4 nights. The day I arrived we went to happy hour and got Margaritas and then headed out to 6th street. 6th street is full of bars and clubs and is where all the college kids go out! I had been to Austin a couple of years earlier and it brought back some great memories and I was amazed at how much I recognised (including where Kate bought her sexy shoes and Natalie drunkenly got her ear pierced 2 years earlier). Unfortunately some of the clubs I remembered had recently been closed down because they were involved in arms and drug dealing!

While Andy had class I explored the city and went into the Texas Capitol which is actually bigger than the US Capitol in Washington DC. Then on Saturday I went with Andy and a couple of his friends to Hamilton Pool, which is a natural outdoor pool. The weather was so nice and the pool was beautiful so we hung out there and swam for a couple of hours. On Saturday night I met up with Lara and Alexa who I met in Austin a couple of years ago and went out to 6th street with some of their friends. As usual, 6th street delivered a big night and we kept partying once the bars closed. I met up with Lara and Alexa again the next day for brunch at a cafĂ© that we ate at a couple of years ago for old times sake. On my last day in Austin I wandered down South Congress Ave where there are lots of cool vintage shops and shops full of cowboy boots and hats!

The whole weekend definitely brought back some great memories! I wish my Arizona crew could have been there with me :) 

 Thursday nights on 6th Street

Hamilton Pool

 Reunited - Lara, Alexa and I

Trip down memory lane

No comments:

Post a Comment